Return item fees

Q8drill
Contributor
Contributor
I had to return damaged item and seller sent my money to my paypal account, pay pal charged me fees for returned money. That's a bad business and thinking strongly leaving PayPal.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Q8drill

Why don't you get your facts correct before you start ranting?

If you were charged a fee then the seller used the wrong option in the first place.

If they used the send money > goods / services then of course paypal would see you as a seller and apply a fee.

If they had used the send money > friends / family option then you would not have paid a fee.

Its an automatic process and paypal presumes adults have the sense to work out which option to use before they send funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Q8drill wrote:
I had to return damaged item and seller sent my money to my paypal account, pay pal charged me fees for returned money. That's a bad business and thinking strongly leaving PayPal.

Q8 is the buyer,he returned a damaged item and seller refunded him.

the right way for the seller to refund is to find the original transaction and refund,the payment refunded should equal what you paid the seller (it is the sum of the paypal fee it collected and the net after paypal fee from the seller),you get the whole payment back.

But  if you seller did not look up the transaction and just sent you a payment under goods and sevices,then you are being charged 30 cents plus 2.9% fee as if you have sold something to the seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.