Resolution Center Essentially Useless

MVO18
Contributor
Contributor

I have been dealing with a merchant issue since early December. At first I filed a dispute because an item (that I'd tried to cancel anyway) hadn't arrived, but as the situation progressed and I eventually received the item I was never once able to click the view/update button for my case in the Resolution Center without getting an error message. I mentioned this on the phone with a representative and was told they were working on it but it never worked at any point between Dec 19 and Jan 28. I was told twice on the phone that the representatives would update my case to reflect that I had reported receiving the item, but this never happened and the second time the rep said there seemed to be an issue with being able to make updates on their end (I then asked to speak to a manager and sat on hold for over an hour before giving up for that day). PayPal eventually denied the claim because the tracking info showed I did receive the item (as I'd been telling them for multiple weeks) and I was given the chance to respond...except that the Resolution Center was where I was directed and it still gave me the same error when trying to do so.

I have since returned the item to this incredibly shady merchant for an exorbitant return shipping cost that I'd hoped I could avoid by resolving this with PayPal. The return was delivered on Jan 28 but I have not received my refund or confirmation that it is in process despite multiple attempts to contact. I tried to open a new dispute of the type "I didn't receive the refund I was expecting" because I have been given no reason to trust this merchant, but the last field on the Purchase Details screen asks for the Expected Refund amount and it is not recognizing that the field is filled out. This has been the case for four straight days. I tried to get around it by selecting the "problem not as described" dispute type instead but that just sent me into an endless loop between the dispute-type screen and the make-sure-you-contact-the-merchant-first screen.

paypal.jpg

The Resolution Center is clearly meant to function as the primary if not exclusive medium for these sorts of issues, and I have found it to be completely non-functional for nearly two months straight. I have tried different browsers and it seemed at first like a temporary issue that was being worked on, but if anything it has become less usable. I am extremely dissatisfied with PayPal's support.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Domm1990
Contributor
Contributor
I have had the same problem. I wasn’t able to report a dispute in the center. I have to call each time and speak to reps who cannot help. Very frustrating
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.