Requesting money but not for a business

nalani001
Contributor
Contributor

Aloha! Hoping y'all can help me. Our club is making tshirts and I'm in charge of collecting the money, paying the screener, paying the fees, etc. We don't make any money on these shirts - in fact, if there is any left over (we're buying very close to cost), we're donating it to a local kids group. My question is this: I don't want to handle physical money. I don't want to have to do that so I asked them all to fill out their order forms, I'd process it and send them a request for money via paypal. I asked them to use Friends and Family when paying because I don't want to be taxed and pay fees for this, especially when I'm making no money and am volunteering my time. There might be about 100 different transactions so I was wondering if there was a limit on the number of requests I can make or money I can receive under "Friends and Family"?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Your best option is have a business account for your organization or club.   However  - assuming your Personal Account is verified meaning you have linked and confirmed both a bank account and credit card you should be able to do what you have in mind.   If your account is "unverified", you may experience holds and reviews on the incoming transactions.

Login to Me Too

nalani001
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, my account is verified, linked with my bank and debit card. Thank you for the insight and advice, much appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.