Report with donor names

Dupuytrens
Contributor
Contributor

We are a nonprofit accepting donations through PayPal.  Is there a report to see the donor's names?  I am only finding reports that say "paypal giving fund", but I know some are from individual donors.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can only retrieve the name if the donor is a PayPal verified user, you will see the user's first and last name.  If the donor is not PayPal verified user (donated with a credit card as a guest), all you will see is their email address.

In order to get a list of the donors, you would need to download or export your account transaction history - here's how:

* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Under "Simple" "Detailed"
* Click on "Statements"
* Click on "Activity export"
* Select "Custom Date Range"
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under File Types for Download - Select "Comma Delimited - All Activity"
* Click "Download History"

What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.   (Look for the fieldname "Name".)

There are other options to collect names - see this previous post.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can only retrieve the name if the donor is a PayPal verified user, you will see the user's first and last name.  If the donor is not PayPal verified user (donated with a credit card as a guest), all you will see is their email address.

In order to get a list of the donors, you would need to download or export your account transaction history - here's how:

* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Under "Simple" "Detailed"
* Click on "Statements"
* Click on "Activity export"
* Select "Custom Date Range"
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under File Types for Download - Select "Comma Delimited - All Activity"
* Click "Download History"

What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.   (Look for the fieldname "Name".)

There are other options to collect names - see this previous post.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.