Relating to Negative Balance issues

Jazz2295
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I'll explain the problem as thoroughly as I can, which I'd like help with figuring this problem out and solving it. I appreciate any support/help I get. So, not too long ago I had ordered something online. The money wasn't taken out yet, but I often referred back to my balance and transactions made. I eventually noticed on my PayPal that the payment of around £49-50 was completed, but the money wasn't take out, which I did find quite odd at the time. My bank/card are linked to Paypal, however the money didn't send. I gave it several days and eventually I figured it must have been sent by now, anyways I was wrong and sort of mislead into believing the money was taken out, until later several days after I noticed I was having a negative balance of about £49. This is pretty much the story of getting into a negative balance, but now I want to sort out getting out of a negative balance. However, every time I seem to try and do a option of "Add Money", "Wallet" whatever the case I seem to get some errors. I want to transfer money from my bank to my PayPal so I don't have negative figures, but for some reason I get errors for trying to do that. I need help sorting out this problem and bringing my negative balance back up. The error I get is something like "we're sorry but there is a problem with adding money to your account...", then another error pops up after saying something like "try again later" or something. Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jazz2295

When you pay a seller it is never instant, paypal credit the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer through from your bank account.

Funds can take up to a few days before they leave your bank account.

If when paypal goes to take the funds there are not enough there they may try again a few days later / put your account into negative / try your back up card.

However they may also remove your right to use that bank account in the future and to make you use your card which is less risky for them.

So that could be why you can't use your bank account.

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via "add funds" if you choose the faster method it should be done quickly.

2. Get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jazz2295
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I understand there are other ways to go about this? I do have enough money to clear the negative fee in my PayPal account, however that's in my bank account. Is there no other way? What about the option where you can transfer money directly to PayPal from your bank account. Using PayPal sort code / Account number and References ID, which they provide you on a certain page. I was thinking of sending the oustanding money through that? Title of the topic of that is "Move money from your bank to your PayPal account."
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.