Refunds

Max1958
Contributor
Contributor

Why doesn't Paypal put refunds back into your bank account?

They seem to keep funds in pay pal account only.

Login to Me Too
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Max1958

Depends on how your payment was funded in the first place.

If you funded the payment to the seller that was refunded via bank transfer OR funds already in your Paypal balance = it goes back to that balance.

If you funded the payment to the seller that was refunded via debit or credit card = it goes back to that card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Max1958
Contributor
Contributor

When i made the purchase it was through pay pal but they had to get the funds from my linked bank account as the pay pal did not have a deposit to use.  Therefore, i thought when the refund went back to Pay pal,  Pay pal in turn sent the refund back to the linked bank account.  

So, are you telling me Pay pal just keeps the refunds in your Paypal account for later use?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Max1958

1. If you funded it from your bank account as a bank transfer = goes back to your paypal balance, you can either use it for future payments OR click on transfer / withdraw and send it back to your bank account.

2. If you funded it via a debit card then it would not go back to your balance but would automatically go back to that card.

Advice is voluntary.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Max1958

Depends on how your payment was funded in the first place.

If you funded the payment to the seller that was refunded via bank transfer OR funds already in your Paypal balance = it goes back to that balance.

If you funded the payment to the seller that was refunded via debit or credit card = it goes back to that card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Max1958
Contributor
Contributor

When i made the purchase it was through pay pal but they had to get the funds from my linked bank account as the pay pal did not have a deposit to use.  Therefore, i thought when the refund went back to Pay pal,  Pay pal in turn sent the refund back to the linked bank account.  

So, are you telling me Pay pal just keeps the refunds in your Paypal account for later use?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Max1958

1. If you funded it from your bank account as a bank transfer = goes back to your paypal balance, you can either use it for future payments OR click on transfer / withdraw and send it back to your bank account.

2. If you funded it via a debit card then it would not go back to your balance but would automatically go back to that card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Max1958
Contributor
Contributor

I got further with your prompt response today than i did with the whole Pay pal set up.  I just wish pay pal could have told me that i had to withdraw and transfer back to bank account myself.

Thank you very much.

Max1958

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Max1958

Your welcome.

Paypal customer services = 0

Paypal community forum = 1     Smiley Wink

Come back anytime.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.