Refunds

Thismamahas4
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sent a transaction to a friend for an article of clothing and I realized I missed spelt something in the email so I immediately cancel that transaction I then submitted new. I noticed I was charged twice on my bank account.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Hello @Thismamahas4 - I love the name! When you said "...sent a transaction to a friend...," did you mean that you paid your friend or did your friend pay you?
Login to Me Too

Thismamahas4
Contributor
Contributor
I paid a friend.
Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh, ok! Then that means, if you live inside the USA, then your bank account will still be charged for the first purchase and the refund will be sent to your PayPal balance within 3-5 business days. Also, if PayPal finds out that it wasn't sent as "goods or services" and not as "friends and family," then the seller could be reprimanded for avoiding PayPal's merchant fees. I won't tell PayPal but, if they do find out because of the fact that I replied to this post, then it was out of my hands. I'm just telling you the facts - if it happens. Also, it's not guaranteed and PayPal's Purchase Protection only covers your purchase if it's sent through a PayPal invoice or as "goods and services." It doesn't cover "Friends or Family," through PayPal.me and others. 😕 Let me know how it goes, @Thismamahas4! Good luck!

If you live outside of the USA, then you can follow these steps to find the correct information about refund time frames:

1. Login to your PayPal account.
  2. At the bottom of the page, click on "Help & Contact."
  3. On the next page, search for "I want a refund. How do refunds work?" and the information will be available there.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.