Refunded money

Barnjam
New Community Member
I have made a purchase on a website recently and the were unable to sell the goods I had already paid for. So, they refunded my money back to paypal. The problem is at that time I was using that sites guest paypal account, and now I don't know where I can get the money they have refunded to me. The refund was made on 1-8-17
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
What do you mean by "the site's guest PayPal account"? Do you mean that you used Guest Checkout on the site, so you simply entered a credit card instead of signing in to your PayPal account? If so, then the refund would show up back on that card balance.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Barnjam
New Community Member
Ok so the site had an option to sign in to you pay pal or sign in as guest and I clicked guest because I couldn't remember my sign in info
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Okay, so when you clicked Guest then it must have had you enter a credit card for payment..?? In that case the refund would be sent back to that card balance.

Login to Me Too

Barnjam
New Community Member
No this was a guest paypal account setup
Login to Me Too

Barnjam
New Community Member
Ok well I'm not sure what to do then I have the info for the payment but not sure where to go from there
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
That doesn't make sense. There are no "guest PayPal accounts". There are only actual PayPal accounts that belong to you, or there is a Guest Checkout option would would have you enter a credit card directly for payment.

The site itself could have had a "Guest Checkout" feature, too, so that you don't have to create an account and login to their actual site. Still, you would then have to choose a payment method, and if you didn't log in with a PayPal account then you must have paid some other way...unless maybe you didn't actually fully complete the payment..??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.