Refunded money sent to my Visa prepaid card that is non-reloadable.

Dracik
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased something from the internet that I wasn't happy with so I issued a refund, It went through but the money was sent to the card that doesn't recieve money. Now I can't get my money unless it goes to my balance. I've emailed PayPal 2 times now and recieving the most unhelpful advice I've ever recieved. They literally just assign a bot to it instead of having an actual person read it. The first time their response was how to add funds and recieve funds. The second one was showing me how to order a freaking Ebay card????? Like what is up with that. All I want is the money that got refunded sent to my PayPal account. I really don't want to call them because I have a busy work schedule and I need this done soon. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When ever you pay with a card, regardless of the card type, the refund is always credited back to that card, not you PayPal Account Balance.   Prepaid cards work a bit differently from regular credit cards as many prepaid cards are not reloadable.  What you have to do is contact the card issuer for assistance.  They can then see that the funds are credited back to your card.

Login to Me Too

angelikatiki
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! Did you ever get your money back? I'm having the same problem right now. Can you please help?
Login to Me Too

SefSefHD
New Community Member
Guys, to anybody facing this problem now I suggest calling the prepaid card company as they will fix this within 15 days.. I am facing this problem right now but they said they will fix the problem so the only thing you will need is God **bleep** patience... I know it's an old thread.. 😕
Login to Me Too

Aboveroyalty1
New Community Member
When you say contact the company do you mean the bank that issued it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.