Refund

Mollieatwell
New Community Member
I got refunded $50 last night at 10:30 (2/7/18) and it still hasn’t showed up in my bank account at 9:00 am (2/8/18) could you tell me why?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hello @Mollieatwell! To answer your question, it depends how you paid and what country you live in. If you live in the US, the original payment has cleared your bank, and you paid with your card fully or partially, then the amount you paid will be refunded back to the same card within 30 days - not business days. If the original payment transaction is complete in your PayPal account, and you paid with your PayPal balance, then the amount will be refunded back to your PayPal balance the same day.

For all other payments or if the original payment has not cleared, it will take 3-5 business days to process and the amount will be sent to your PayPal balance - even if you paid with a card or bank account.

If you don't live in the USA, go to "Help & Contact" at the bottom of the PayPal page and search for "I want a refund. How do refunds work?" and your information will be shown there.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.