Refund

mollym65
Contributor
Contributor
I was refunded for a transaction by the seller on the 29th of December I have received confirmation from PayPal that the refund was processed and the money is now available the money was to go back to my credit card it's still is not posted when I called my credit card company they said they have no transactions pending as far as refunds to my card I don't understand what the issue is when you make a purchase they instantly take your money they should instantly refunded also they should change their policy so that you are not billed for an item unless it has actually shipped does anybody have any advice as to how I can get my money? eBay Billings PayPal PayPal blames Bank the bank blames eBay it seems no one wants to take responsibility for me not getting my refund any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated I thank you in advance
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mollym65
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your assistance yes it does stayed in my PayPal that the money was refunded the reason I am so frustrated is because I was told that it would be available yesterday and it still is not showed up my bank was not much help as there is no transactions pending so they couldn't even give me a guesstimate of when my money would be there I will take your advice and if it doesn't show up by Monday or Tuesday I will be on the phone again -which was an all-day process! Again I do think you you have helped put my mind at ease that eventually my money will show up!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It can be frustrating, for sure, when all parties seem to blame each other.  You said you received confirmation from PayPal that the refund did occur, right?  Are you able to verify this by viewing the transaction details in your PayPal account for this payment?  As long as that does correctly show the refund has been processed then the funds will turn up.  It's all based on the banking systems, though, exactly how long it will take.  Different card issuing banks take longer to acknowledge such things, and over the holiday it could have delayed things a little bit.  I would give it a few more days and if it still hasn't shown up I would call PayPal, provide the transaction details, and let them know your card issuing bank is telling you that they see no record of the refund.  My guess it will show up by Monday or Tuesday.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too
Solved

mollym65
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your assistance yes it does stayed in my PayPal that the money was refunded the reason I am so frustrated is because I was told that it would be available yesterday and it still is not showed up my bank was not much help as there is no transactions pending so they couldn't even give me a guesstimate of when my money would be there I will take your advice and if it doesn't show up by Monday or Tuesday I will be on the phone again -which was an all-day process! Again I do think you you have helped put my mind at ease that eventually my money will show up!
Login to Me Too

Eric2346
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me in August 2017. I was sending someone $400 and they declined the payment because I sent it in the way Paypal will take some $ for the transaction (not "friends and family"), anyways, they said they refunded the $ to my bank card, but my bank had no records of this transaction. I have been fighting with Paypal and my bank and Paypal won't resolve the issue with the bank directly. This is absolutely ridiculous and my attorney is about to get involved which is going to cost me a lot more than the $400, but at this point I don't care. I'm tired of Paypal scamming people for their hard earned money. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.