Refund????

Eric2346
Contributor
Contributor
So PayPal says they refunded my $ back 2 months ago, but it has not shown up in my bank account. I have spoken with my bank extensively, and there is no record of any refund. I can’t get anyone on the phone at PayPal, every time I get through the automated system the call drops when I am about to be transferred to a live person. I’ve been trying to get my $$ for 2 months now, this is absolutely ridiculous.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eric2346

How did you FUND the payment to the seller in the first place from your bank account, instant bank transfer OR a debit card??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eric2346
Contributor
Contributor
Bank account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eric2346

Re-read my question I asked HOW you funded your paypal payment FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, instant bank transfer OR debit card????????????

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi Eric2346,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for answers to your question. What kernowlass is asking is whether you selected your bank account as a funding source when making the payment or if you used your debit card to pay for the purchase. 

If you selected your bank account directly, the payment would be covered by PayPal while your bank transfers the funds or the payment would have been sent as an E-Check. If this was the case, a refund would be issued to your PayPal balance and used for any additional purchases that you may have made, unless withdrawn to your bank.

If the payment was made using a debit card connected to your bank account, the refund would then be sent to your actual bank account. This usually takes 3 - 5 business days but can take up to 30 days for certain financial institutions.

Please check your activity log for additional details concerning your payments and refund. I would advise you to use a web browser instead of the application, as this should allow you to review these actions with additional detail. 

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction. 
- Irish Proverb

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Eric2346
Contributor
Contributor
Debit card.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Thanks for that information. You will want to reach out to us via telephone to ask for a trace to be filed for your refund. You can do this by clicking on "Help & Contact" at the bottom of most any PayPal page. 

- PayPal_Rich

- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Eric2346
Contributor
Contributor

Here we are several months later and still no resolution. I am so sick of PayPal and their thievery. Luckily my attorney is about to be involved.

<removed>

I hope the board of directors understands that it's people such as myself, the little guy, the people who don't have all the money in the world, who makes their business possible. by **bleep** us over, eventually your business will fall.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.