Refund lost between Paypal and Bank

Aldef
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund from eBay seller trough my Paypal account  but when i verified my bank account there is nothin. I sent many mails and called a lot their customer service.

They gave me a reference code of 16 digits which they said i should transmit it to my bank so they will find my money location. But my bank account manager said he never see that kind of code. 

I came back to ask Paypal but like an automatic responder they gave me the same code with non understandable-mail that i should do again the same thing.

Now i dont know what to do? Have you any suggestions? Because not my bank, not Paypal wish to found this money. I'm tired of this ping pong like between thrm

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you give us that code,may be someone can decipher it

Login to Me Too

Aldef
Contributor
Contributor

IMG_0490.PNGThere is , sorry is more than 16 digits: 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Aldef wrote:

IMG_0490.PNGThere is , sorry is more than 16 digits: 

what country are you in,and what bank?

Login to Me Too

Aldef
Contributor
Contributor
I live in Cameroon, african country. My Bank is Ecobank one of top banks in Africa. I suspect this issue due to my card change, because i always used visa card from another bank and Everytime it get refunded without trouble, but this is first time is used Mastercard from this bank and to be refunded the money get lost..
Login to Me Too

MAGICMIME
Contributor
Contributor

contact customer service and make sure that you're gonna speak with a representative. becos if the money was deducted directly from your bank, then it's possible that the refund was posted on your paypal balance.

Login to Me Too

Aldef
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted many times paypal and talked to representatives but nothin, just dont help. Now i will post a claim letter to my bank general manager, may be this will help. Hope so

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.