Refund from ebay seller via paypal to my debit card, still isn't showing up after 7 business days.

imhyungjooo
New Community Member

So on the 28th of October I paid for an item with my debit card however I ended up cancelling the order before the item was shipped. The seller seems to be reputable, gave me a response on the cancel quickly and sent me a full refund with her paypal directly to my debit card.

I received a message from ebay itself that I got a refund, and then I got a mail from paypal that the seller has sent me a refund. So that seems like enough proof that I am not simply being scammed. 

The refund was issued on the 31st of October and now it is November 12th and the refund still hasn't shown up on my bank account. The email from Paypal said that the refund will show up on my bank statement so I am constantly checking my bank account balance. counting the business days, it has been 7 days. I heard that usually the processing takes up to one week, but now it seems like it is well over it. 

Do these actually go up to 30 days? I heard that it can go up to 30 days depending on the bank regulations however I don't think Bank of America has that much of a strict and cumbersome regulation on paypal...

I might wait a few more business days however it is frustrating to say the least. I have seen a few people who were having the same issue on this, the longest I have seen here being 2 weeks. However, none of them later updated when they actually got the payment issued to their bank account, so I have no idea whether they ever gotten their money back or not.

Is there anyone who had to go through this issue? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Sarasouix
New Community Member

This is **bleep** and PayPal knows it. Every other store can refund with in 3 business days why can't PayPal. My money has been tied up with seller and know PayPal for a month and I'm looking at a possible 30 days more it's a scam no protection what so ever which is what their for. We need someone to protect us from PayPal. I will not use PayPal again they are aweful and provide no avenue to protest these so call processes. I feel I have been victimized.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.