Refund being withheld by PayPal.

Kurant
Contributor
Contributor

I'll keep it short.

1/6/18 - Made an order from Newegg in the amount of $580ish.

1/8/18 - Cancelled order due to Newegg notifying me of 2 items on back order. Refund was requested.

1/10/18 - $85 refund was processed into my Paypal account. $395 refund was also, but never received funds..
1/15/18 - Refunds no longer pending. PayPal balance was still $80.99 from the $85 refund.
1/15/18 - I left an email to recieve an automated response. I called, I was told it was a technical error, and PayPal would have it sorted in 24hrs. I was told I would recieve an email. No email was sent to me.
1/16/18 - It's been 36 hours, no email. Refund still has not been applied to my PayPal account.

PayPal is willfully holding MY money, due to their technical error. This is absurd. The refund shows in my account, but I did not recvieve the money. Newegg told me the refund has cleared and was recieved by PayPal. PayPal says Newegg has not 100% closed out the transaction, so they cannot release the funds. No one bothered to tell me that during my call yesterday. No escelation according to the man on the phone 25 mins ago, was ever put in - and nor was my case submitted further.

This is a joke. PayPal is withholding my money, for no apparent reason, and if there is, they cannot give me a reason, nor even a guess when it will be fixed.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

dblu
Contributor
Contributor

This has been going on for weeks with me. $381.50 refund showed up in transactions weeks ago but never available in funds! I’ve called 8 times only to hear lies every time “ we don’t know why this happened but we assure you the money will be available today”. Always promised it will be there today and we’ll send you an email to confirm it. NOTHING! When I ask to speak to a manager/supervisor I am put on hold and thrown out into oblivion like my money! I waited on hold for 30 minutes, then next time an hour with no answer. THEY JUST WANT YOU TO HOLD UNTIL YOU CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE AND HANG UP! I will never ever use PayPal again after this! I called again today. This time it’s an even worse response..” it was a computer glitch and a ticket has been made. We have NO IDEA HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE”. Again, I transfer to a supervisor and I’m still holding after 40 minutes! This is robbery!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.