Refund Pending

edbaas
Contributor
Contributor

Seems there's quite a few comments on pending refunds. I'll add mine. I got a refund on Feb 22nd for some lessons I took in Mexico. 4 weeks later, still pending. I in the meantime had contacted PP several times and received very nice answers on how they appreciate my patience. Apparently there was a technical issue, but they would contact me when resolved. First time they said the original transaction hadn't cleared my bank, which of course it did. So last week - I contacted again, and they said the technical issue was cleared but it appeared there was still some issue with my refund transaction and they would look into it right away. So far "crickets". I've emailed them every day now with no response. It's April 14 today, original refund on Feb 22nd.  I really wondering what's up.  This is getting very aggravating.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@edbaas

Gosh, you must have the record waiting that long.

Can i ask was it an actual 'refund' or did they 'send' the payment refunded?

Also if they 'sent' it then what currency did they use?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

edbaas
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@edbaas

Gosh, you must have the record waiting that long.

Can i ask was it an actual 'refund' or did they 'send' the payment refunded?

Also if they 'sent' it then what currency did they use?

@kernowlass

thanks - it was a partial refund for lessons I paid for. It was in US dollars. the payment part went through same day of course, but the refund is still pending. The latest message from Paypal is that there is a 'technical issue' which is holding up the pending. I was told this before, and that the issue was resolved, but still pending. This seems to be a stock answer, and yes, since Feb 22. amazing they can get away with this holding only my money.

Ed

Login to Me Too

edbaas
Contributor
Contributor

contacted paypal again - still stuck in 'technical issue'. It is now 2 months I'm waiting for a refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.