Recourse for a dispute after 180 days

ninedominos
New Community Member

Hello, I had purchased a one year (second renewal with the particular company) for a ventrilo subscription from the company 'leetvoiceservers'. Around 7 months into this subscription they notified me that the server would be shutting down (and did shut it down one day later) and attempted to direct me to another company with a promise of getting credit for the time paid as well as price matching. The other company 'clanwarz' denied that they would ever offer to price match, and insisted that I purchase a new product from them before receiving any credit - this sounds sketchy by any stretch of the imagination, so after trying to contact the seller for a partial refund via e-mail (nothing) and trying to open a dispute on PayPal, I get told there's nothing they can do after 180 days because that's supposed to be enough time to find out if the product is delivered as described.

I'm fairly certain 180 days isn't enough for anyone without fortune telling abilities to know if a seller is going to scam them 7 months into a 12 month subscription - so what are my options here? Debit chargeback?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ninedominos

Paypal gives you 180 days to open a dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

They do not provide long term warranties.

As for it not being long enough, even your credit card won't give you much more protection timewise than that.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.