Recipient currently unable to receive money

aruricards
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to send payment but an error keep saying 'This recipient is currently unable to receive money'. What does it mean and what can be done?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Mos likely your recipient has not yet confirmed their email address.   (That's part of the process of setting up your account.)

Login to Me Too

aruricards
Contributor
Contributor

She has sent me payments before (on Dec 2) and her ship-to address is 'confirmed'. I reckon if she had no problems sending money, her account should be ok, but why can't she receive money now. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Erica

Hi aruricards,

You don't have to confirm your email address to send money, but you do have to have it confirmed before you can receive funds.

Another possibility would be that the receiver's PayPal account has had a limitation placed on it. This can happen from time to time for various reasons.

If you have still not been able to complete the payment I would recommend reaching out to the receiver and ask them to log onto their account to check the status.

Login to Me Too

aruricards
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help. I have been trying to reach the receiver but it seems that she hardly checks her email, maybe it is hard for her to get internet access or something. I have contacted paypal in my region, and they say that my account is fine.

I guess I can only wait until she logs into her account 😞    

Login to Me Too

stefanheijmen
New Community Member

same problem here

Login to Me Too

Myuziq
New Community Member

It is happening to me as well, and I am trying to send some money to my friend who lives in Japan with a Japanese PayPal account.  Is there a solution to that?  

Thanks in advance, 

Login to Me Too

lokielovesbunny
New Community Member

Somebody trying to send my payment through Paypal but there is an error stating that your account was unable to receive personal payments. Why it like that? do they need to send my payment through business payment mode? if yes than why?

Login to Me Too

ferny1125
Contributor
Contributor

I SENT THE PACKAGE BUT NOT ABLE TO GET PAID !! WHAT DO i DO?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

ferny1125 wrote:

I SENT THE PACKAGE BUT NOT ABLE TO GET PAID !! WHAT DO i DO?

Contact PayPal customer support to find out why your PayPal account is unable to receive payments.  Log in to your PayPal account, click on the "Contact Us" link which is at the bottom of most PayPal pages and select the "Call Us" option... the next page will provide you with a passcode and the PayPal phone number for your account.

Other contact options are Twitter via @AskPayPal or Private Message on PayPal's Facebook page at...

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.