Receiving payments on email address without Paypal account

JohnnyBadawa
Contributor
Contributor

Dear community members,

I live in Pakistan. Paypal is not available here. I intend to move to Australia in the future from where I will sign up for a Paypal account. Since I have started working for a company that pays through Paypal, I have to use my email address to receive payments, without being able to set up a new Paypal account.

So, please tell me how long I can receive payments on my email address before I use the address to set up a Paypal account. What are the limitations, if any, of receiving payments on an email address before setting up a Paypal account with it?

I did contact support before posting here. They gave me a list of unrelated FAQs.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@JohnnyBadawa

The short answer is 30 days, however... the payment will be unclaimed and the sender can cancel an unclaimed payment.

When a PayPal payment is sent to an email address which is not linked to a PayPal account, the payment will be unclaimed until the email address is linked to a PayPal account, or the sender cancels the payment, or 30 days has elapsed at which time the payment will be returned to the sender.

-Sandy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@JohnnyBadawa

The short answer is 30 days, however... the payment will be unclaimed and the sender can cancel an unclaimed payment.

When a PayPal payment is sent to an email address which is not linked to a PayPal account, the payment will be unclaimed until the email address is linked to a PayPal account, or the sender cancels the payment, or 30 days has elapsed at which time the payment will be returned to the sender.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.