Receiving payments from online sales (non-business account)?

kharrisma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Forum Folk!

Sole experience with PayPal has been with making payments.  Wife wants to sell a book online (someone that contacted her through Facebook), and wants to know how to get paid through PayPal.  I have a basic account, not a business or premium account.  Do I have to set up my account in some way in order to receive payments, or just give the purchaser my registered PayPal email address?  No idea what to tell wife or customer!  

Thanks for looking at such a rookie question!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can sell items with a Personal Account - your easiest option is to send the perspective buyer an invoice - you can include the book details, shipping costs and any tax if applicable - the buyer then clicks on the purchase link, is then redirected to the PayPal Checkout Screens - there they can pay as a guest with a credit card or if they have a PayPal Account, they can login to pay.  Once the transaction is completed, you should get both an email notification of the purchase and there should also be a notice of the transaction in your PayPal Account Activity Section - wait until the funds are released and deposited into your PayPal Account Balance.  Once you have the money, you can purchase and print your shipping label.   Also make sure you enter the tracking number in the transaction record.  Now you're ready to ship.   If you follow these basic steps, you're covered for Seller Protection.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can sell items with a Personal Account - your easiest option is to send the perspective buyer an invoice - you can include the book details, shipping costs and any tax if applicable - the buyer then clicks on the purchase link, is then redirected to the PayPal Checkout Screens - there they can pay as a guest with a credit card or if they have a PayPal Account, they can login to pay.  Once the transaction is completed, you should get both an email notification of the purchase and there should also be a notice of the transaction in your PayPal Account Activity Section - wait until the funds are released and deposited into your PayPal Account Balance.  Once you have the money, you can purchase and print your shipping label.   Also make sure you enter the tracking number in the transaction record.  Now you're ready to ship.   If you follow these basic steps, you're covered for Seller Protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.