Receiving Payment in Nigeria

uhg-ng
Contributor
Contributor
Why is it difficult to receive payment in Nigeria from PayPal. Now that we can send payment from Nigeria? What can we do from Nigeria to receive payment from PayPal? Compliment of the season Usman HG
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uhg-ng

You can't, that option is not available in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

uhg-ng
Contributor
Contributor
OK. Understood is there any way out for us in Nigeria?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uhg-ng

Sorry no idea, I don't work for paypal, this is a user to user community forum.

If you want to discuss why the option is not available in your country then you need to ask customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@uhg-ng wrote:

yu mean how to move money out of your PAYPAL account?

send it to someone you trust in a country where they can download to a bank,and either western uion or wire transfer back to you  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

@sumiko wrote:

@uhg-ng wrote:

send it to someone you trust in a country where they can download to a bank,and either western uion or wire transfer back to you  

How can they get money INTO their paypal balance to send to someone else if they are not allowed to receive funds???

They are only allowed to send and not receive in Nigeria.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Whac-A-Mole

@sumiko wrote:

@uhg-ng wrote:

How can they get money INTO their paypal balance to send to someone else if they are not allowed to receive funds???

They are only allowed to send and not receive in Nigeria.

you are right,they cant.

they can get around it by asking sender to send to someone they trust with a Paypal account and that person will transfer the money to his bank account,run to Western union,or a bank to wire or send them the money.

say they sell on a website and they use another person PAYPAL ACCOUNT,THE SALES PROCEEDS WIL go to that person kind of like a custodian,and for a fee,that person will forward the proceeds to them.

Didnt we have a thread a mile long on a guy who is disabled and work at Subway sandwich,befrend a girl in Philipines, who sent all the money from different PH sources to him,he then sent them the money via wiretransfer until one day chargebacks cometh !

Login to Me Too

Livista
Contributor
Contributor
Why is the option not available? Can you give any possible explanation?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Livista

Paypal offers differing options in every country.

You can send but not receive in Nigeria.

Nearly all the scams that I have helped folks avoid on here originated from Nigeria, that may have influenced paypals decision maybe?

eg

www.google.co.uk/search?site=&source=hp&q=nigeria+paypal+scam&oq=nigeria+paypal+scam&gs_l=psy-ab.3.....

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MAGICMIME
Contributor
Contributor

for nigerian accnt, youcan only do transaction within the same country.. they were banned to make a trasaction to other countries because of the fraudulent emails that were coming from them

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.