Re: Pay After Delivery Discontinuation

VicGChad07
New Community Member

This morning, out of the blue, I got an e-mail from PayPal regarding the Pay After Delivery feature being phased out...
"As we continue to evolve and improve your PayPal experience we've decided to remove the Pay After Delivery payment method. After April 18, 2018, this will no longer be a choice when you check out with PayPal. If you've made a Pay After Delivery purchase that is scheduled to be billed after April 18, 2018, we'll still complete the transaction as scheduled (10 days after purchase for domestic transactions and 14 days after purchase for international transactions).
"There are still lots of ways to pay your way with PayPal from any of our available payment methods. If you're looking for more time to pay, you can apply for PayPal Credit and get a decision in seconds."

There was no sufficient warning about its discontinuation. There is no substitute available for the Pay After Delivery feature (at least not at the moment). And we do not want to apply for PayPal Credit; that is too cumbersome a process for us normal buyers. If we want the Pay After Delivery feature to stay, we want the Pay After Delivery feature to stay.

When we first joined PayPal, there was this sense of wonder, and now, you're the next Microsoft: "We know better than you, we know what's right for you, here's the changes, wha-bam, suck it up."

You owe us an apology. A month's notice is not gonna cut it; if we want our Pay After Delivery, then our Pay After Delivery we want.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

VicGChad07
New Community Member

Might I also add that none of us were likely consulted in the period leading up to the decision to discontinue Pay After Delivery?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VicGChad07

1. Nothing to do with anyone here, take that up with customer services.

2. The announcement about PAD being discontinued has been on their website for months.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-pay-after-delivery-faq918

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VicGChad07
New Community Member

We'll just chalk this one up to experience. I never saw the notice on the website before. At all.

I'm just gonna leave my original post up until I see something of substance...some real answers...

Login to Me Too

4now
Contributor
Contributor

I beg to differ with kernowlass.

#1. It has everything to do with everyone here. We are all PayPal users.

I came to the Community boards for the 1st time ever, exactly for the reason ViGChad07 stated.

I would LOVE to take it up with Customer Service… but I have just spent an hour of my busy day trying to do so without success, The Email option is ridiculous. Requiring choices of topics & subjects from a very narrow list. None of which relate to my issue so couldn’t get an email window to type on. More time wasted. The call option gave me a code to use when someone called. It’s been 30 minutes waiting. So I came here.

#2. I would never have seen the small notice of this change on the website without your link.

I use PayPal for the convenience and rapidity of my transactions. I don’t spend time perusing the website.

I receive multiple emails from PayPal every day, most adds for their credit card, (which I suspect is behind this change),

PayPal sends me emails with notices of a “message” for me on the website.                                                                                                                      They can’t send an email announcing a major change in their payment options, well in advance?

This option was the main reason I use PayPal. I probably will not be using PayPal much with this change. 

Finally I need to say that I am a bit offended that the answer from someone labeled a 'Volunteer Advisor' on this board used such a dismissive/accusatory tone  to those here looking for help.

Login to Me Too

Chigy
New Community Member
I agree!!!! Trying to contact PayPal is ridiculously bogus and scripted answers are not a way to have your voice heard. I too posted a topic not knowing this one was here. I have had companies I do business with have to accept PayPal for me to keep doing business with them because of pad. I guess I can inform them that they no longer need to have it for me.
Login to Me Too

Chiffonnier
New Community Member

I completely agree. As a longtime Paypal/eBay buyer, I fully intend to vote with my feet. It's called Amazon Prime.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@4now

My answer was factual, the fact you may not have liked it is neither here or there.

It was MY opinion just like you are entitled to your opinion as well.

It does NOT have anything to do with anyone on here as no one here can change Paypals mind and no one here made the decision in the first place.

And maybe when you have helped just 1 little person on here rather than the 10,000 that have left me kudos for helping them then maybe you can judge my replies.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.