REFUNDS THROUGH PAYPAL AFTER BUYING AN ITEM ON MY DEBIT CARD

Cathbertpk1987
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys.

PP0.jpgPP1.jpgI bought an item on eBay through my Debit Card on genuine reason that PayPal had something wrong and wasn't available at the I was checking out my item (see the screenshot). It then happened the seller had listed the price wrongly and offered my refund back through my PayPal account (claiming that the refund was posted back using PayPal as they're the payment processor for eBay).
The issue is.... I went through my PayPal Account Summary and Activities and saw nothing of the date refund was sent (I think its because I used my Debit Card to pay direct). I take long to make follow-up because the Bank said they usually credit the account in a space of 6 weeks, so I had to wait and then make those follow-ups. Surprisingly when I went through an eBay message on refund, I saw the Total amount to be $0.00 (see the 2nd screenshot). The seller gave me the transaction ID for the refund for me to contact PayPal. I tried to call but those guys have me hanged-on for such a long time and I decided to end the call.
I'm totally confused. How should I go about?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Cathbertpk1987

I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. 

From what you've described, you weren't logged into your PayPal account when making the payment and use the guest checkout option. If you weren't logged into your PayPal account, the payment or refund wouldn't be linked to your PayPal account. 

When a refund is issued in a situation such as this, the refund would be returned to the card that was used. This can take 3 to 5 business days to process back to your card. I recommend checking with your card issuer for the refund. If the refund hasn't been returned to your card, you'll want to contact eBay to file a claim. 

Thanks, 
Tricia 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Cathbertpk1987
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Tricia. Thank you for your response. I made my payment direct through my Debit Card and the seller says he made refund through my PayPal Account and he provide me with a Transaction ID to my refund. He/she claim to use PayPal because its the payment processor accepted by eBay (The refund was posted back using PayPal as they're the payment processor. Please check your PayPal account that is linked to the gmail address ****************.). The fact that I can't see the transaction on my PayPal makes me mad. I also checked with my card issuer without success. The seller has given me the Transaction ID and asked me to contact PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.