Questionable company

rpcinjax
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have experience with BLANK ELECTRONIC (http://blankelectronic.com/about-us-2/)? Their prices are almost too good to believe and they on;y accept PayPal.  I am concerned this is a scam website.  Any info is certainly helpful before I make this purchase.  Thank You.

Login to Me Too
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

A-ron
Contributor
Contributor

I too was concerned and saw your thread as I was researching online. It seems pretty fake if you look at all the bizarre use of English across the site, including their "news" page http://blankelectronic.com/category/news/ that has an article of nothing but Lorem ipsum placeholder text as a post. I ran into another site with too-good-to-be-true furniture prices before I was aware of the fake site concept and it was not a good situation!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

A-ron
Contributor
Contributor

BlankElectronic.com is confirmed as a scam. I entered some made-up shipping info, but it never went to a billing or PayPal page. It went to this "confirmation" asking to instead email the "Roger" address directly with money:

Screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 7.57.47 PM.png

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hello rpcinjax,

I agree that nothing about this seems legitimate, and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I will make sure that it is investigated on our end. You're always welcome to report these kinds of websites to us when you're not sure of its legitimacy. For more information, please visit our website: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity 

Thank you again!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Make a phone call to the company and ask all the questions you want.

Don't count on PayPal to bail you out of a bad buyer judgement situation.

Login to Me Too

rpcinjax
Contributor
Contributor

That was as unhelpful as a response could be...and insulting to boot.

Thanks for your lack of interest in a sincere reply to my question.  No need to insult someone who is asking the community for advice.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is so unhelpful about suggesting you phone the company.  I'm not going to do your research for you about the company.

You could learn a lot by making the phone call yourself.

Can you honestly think of a better way to check out the company?

Login to Me Too
Solved

A-ron
Contributor
Contributor

I too was concerned and saw your thread as I was researching online. It seems pretty fake if you look at all the bizarre use of English across the site, including their "news" page http://blankelectronic.com/category/news/ that has an article of nothing but Lorem ipsum placeholder text as a post. I ran into another site with too-good-to-be-true furniture prices before I was aware of the fake site concept and it was not a good situation!

Login to Me Too
Solved

A-ron
Contributor
Contributor

BlankElectronic.com is confirmed as a scam. I entered some made-up shipping info, but it never went to a billing or PayPal page. It went to this "confirmation" asking to instead email the "Roger" address directly with money:

Screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 7.57.47 PM.png

Login to Me Too

rpcinjax
Contributor
Contributor

A-ron,

Thank you very much for your response and interest in assisting.

Confirmed here as well.  After conducting more internet research, the only websites that contain a reference to Blank Electronics are Blank Electronics web-pages itself.  The Better Business Bureau has no history or information concerning the company, and there are no customer reviews or other information available online about them or their products. Their phone number is an Alberta, CA area code, but their address is Ontario and the website also lists a US address. After calling and emailing the contact information provided on their website - their phone number is disconnected and their customer service email doesn't work even when used from their own web-page.  It is without a doubt - A total scam site.

RonC

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hello rpcinjax,

I agree that nothing about this seems legitimate, and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I will make sure that it is investigated on our end. You're always welcome to report these kinds of websites to us when you're not sure of its legitimacy. For more information, please visit our website: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity 

Thank you again!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.