Question about time frames for new accounts

coachjdshaw
Contributor
Contributor

I just set my account up Monday.  My brother sent me money, he got a receipt saying it was sent and to the phone number attached to my account.  It's been 4 days and the money hasn't shown up in my balance.  I activated the account, is there anything else I need to do?  He sent the money directly from his bank and I read that can take a little longer but I'm surprised this has taken this long.  Any thoughts?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Transfer times can vary depending on the funding source used and the status of both the sender's and receiver's account (meaning both accounts are verified and there's no outstanding issues).   Assuming you confirmed your phone number you should get the money.  Normally when someone sends you money, two things will happen, you should get an email notice and there should also be a record of such in your account activity section.  If neither, then check with the sender and ask what is the status of the transaction on their end, if it shows pending or unclaimed, then either your number was not confirmed or the money was sent to a different number.  If the status is unclaimed, the sender can cancel the transaction however, if the money was sent to a different number and was claimed, then the sender would have to contact the receiver.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.