Question About When To Cancel A Dispute:

Charmedchicky
New Community Member

I received three items from a company that were flawed. 

I tried contacting them many times already. They finally had replied at one point and tried only offering me a 20% refund and told me to keep the items. 

I explained that would be silly of me seeing that I cannot wear the items and I wanted full refund. 

I ended up filing a claim.

They now sent me an email and said they will provide a full refund IF I cancel the dispute. 

Is this normal of a company to state?
Should I cancel the dispute and pray they follow through with the refund? 

Or should I keep the dispute as is until Paypal gets involved for the next step?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Hmmm...no, I wouldn't cancel the dispute. I would respond and let them know you'd be more comfortable if they simply choose the option to refund the buyer through the dispute. Explain that this will not only protect you, but also them, and the process will ensure that you return the merchandise after they provide the refund.

If they refuse then that would seem strange to me, but I guess you could say, okay fine, submit the refund and then I will cancel the dispute.

If you cancel the dispute, though, before they refund, then you will not have any way to re-open it or get any help from PayPal if they simply don't give you any refund at that point.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.