Purchase from China payment made immediately but never shipped.

richardparris
Contributor
Contributor

I thought PayPal didn't pay the Seller until the item was reported as shipped, or maybe it is Ebay. Either true? Of course it is very simple for any seller to report an item shipped that has not been! (Been victim to that more than once!) I bought an inexpensive cap from a Chinese seller. PayPal paid them immediatly and the seller's sales message stated that due to some 10 day National Holiday I might not get the item for two weeks longer than usual. No Biggie! Then I thought I'd better check if the cap was adjustable. It was Not but the same seller has one for more that would be. I requested to Cancel the item. Told per Ebay policy I can't if it's shipped and the Seller has three days to respond. Then after four days, no cancellation no reply from the Seller but an email from Ebay the item cannot be cancelled now after three days. It is now five days later no reply to any messages I have sent the Seller on Holiday for ten days And of course still no statement the item has shipped. Any ideas on recourse I have? Please no opinions I can request payments not made until received. I looked it really means no payment for 14 days, and that would Not protect Asian purchases that take 4-6 weeks to arrive anyway.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

On every Ebay listing,it should say where the seller is and where the item is,and how long it would take to arrive.

You canno file item not received before the estimated date of arrival.

Chinese sellers often sell under multiple IDs and have many listings,they are not good at answering emails.

if item has not arrived past the estimated time,then file with ebay.

Paypal is a payment processor,you tell Paypal to pay someone and it will do as told,of course Ebay may decide on holding on to the payment if the seller is new,high risk or high dollar.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

richardparris
Contributor
Contributor

P.S. None of my posting in the Ebay Community or attempts to contact their customer have received any responses.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

On every Ebay listing,it should say where the seller is and where the item is,and how long it would take to arrive.

You canno file item not received before the estimated date of arrival.

Chinese sellers often sell under multiple IDs and have many listings,they are not good at answering emails.

if item has not arrived past the estimated time,then file with ebay.

Paypal is a payment processor,you tell Paypal to pay someone and it will do as told,of course Ebay may decide on holding on to the payment if the seller is new,high risk or high dollar.

Login to Me Too

Sugarpaws50
New Community Member

Order 2 products from China and will not do that again! Did not receive and have been waiting 6 weeks. Paypal says to contact seller but that not going good either, They say shipped but has been in the same place, China for 6 weeks. Can't seem to get paypal to help much at all. NOT HAPPY !!!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

file item not received and escalate to Paypal review after ten days,seller will have to upload tracking or respond in ten days,otherwise he loses the case

Login to Me Too

richardparris
Contributor
Contributor

Good comments both from Sugarpaws50 and Sumiko however having bought lots of extremely inexpensive stuff at auction from Chinese sellers that include free shipping to the US I think I have only had items arrive in less than 6 weeks twice. And their tracking is a joke, either they have none or it leads nowhere & indicates it has yet to be logged out or in by the Chinese government shipper. And remember this they can ding you as a buyer with bad feedback just as easily as you can them so don't sent them angry messages. Buy from China and still want it after the time alloted has passed then send a message it hasn't arrived, obviously isnt going to, so please reship, they usually will and a week or three later you'll get the original item find out it wasn't worth what you paid for it, or it breaks before the next one arrives and the whole venture was a waste of time anyway! It's like mining for gold, you usually get a lot of useless sludge but from time to time you get a nugget worth far more than you paid for it. You should see the dozen small multicolor stud earrings I just got for only $0.73 the backings don't fit and the few that do are on so tight the round top part of the earrings pop off when you take them off. A bargain? No, I got what I paid for and they took eight weeks to arrive. P. S. search how to say "Thank You" in Chinese, copy & paste it written in their lettering symbols and you'll be surprised how nice they get in their next reply!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@richardparris

It's like mining for gold, you usually get a lot of useless sludge but from time to time you get a nugget worth far more than you paid for it.

-----------------

time is also money,please do not waste our time in the future.

Login to Me Too

richardparris
Contributor
Contributor

"time is also money,please do not waste our time in the future." And good advice to troubled buyers on how to deal with sellers from cultures with different time and customer expectations is just that. If we all were to all approach others concerns with the same mindset and advice we wouldn't need this forum, would we?

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it" Terry Pratchett.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.