Processing fees for payments received

hsk1
New Community Member

I do not undersatnd the processing fee for receiving payments from an invoice that I sent. It says 2.9% will be taken from every payment received using paypal plus 0.30 for all transactions. What does this mean? Please explain the 0.30 tranaction fee. and is this only for invoices or for all types of payments received through paypal?

Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hsk1

When you sell and accept paypal as your payment processor then you pay 2.9% of the item cost per transaction.

Plus 0.30 is also added to that price. If you have to refund a buyer then your 2.9% is refunded at the same time but paypal keep the 0.30 as a processing fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The 30 cents is the flat rate portion of the PayPal fee and is charged on all goods & services payments via Send & Request, PayPal buttons/email links and invoices, in addition to the 2.9%.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hsk1
New Community Member

thank you! So this is with all payment received of any kind correct? There is always a .30 processing fee along with the 2.9% transaction fee? 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yep!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@hsk1 wrote:

thank you! So this is with all payment received of any kind correct? There is always a .30 processing fee along with the 2.9% transaction fee? 

yes,for overseas transaction,it is 3.9%

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if it is friend and family,there is no fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.