Problem Sending Payment To Family Member In The US

Dan1218
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Tried sending money to my cousin who's also in the US and this message pops out.  Paypal customer can't even help me with it.  I'm sending money thru my paypal balance.  I'm not using any debit or credit card. Does anyone know what seems to be the problem?  

Paypal.png

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are you guys using the phone?

try using a pc and send a small amount,see if it works.

or launch a different browser,I have better results with MOZILLA 

Login to Me Too

lcork14
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using my laptop and have been using chrome as my browser.  Taking your suggestion, I tried opening in Firefox but got the same error message there.

Hoping I could end-run it, I had my friend sent me a request for the money.  When I go at it that way, PayPal asks my for a number to text a confirmation number to.  I go through the motions, but when I enter the six digit code they send, it just cycles my back to the home screen, where I try to send money and it gives me the original error screen again.

Login to Me Too

sadieb811
Contributor
Contributor

If this was solved, what is the actual solution?

Login to Me Too

polkadottie
Contributor
Contributor

I'd also like to know because I have the same problem.

Login to Me Too

lcork14
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I could tell you how it was resolved, but I can't really.

I just kept trying and one of the times I logged in, everything just worked the way it is supposed to.  No idea why or how, or what was wrong to begin with - just that my account suddently worked again.

I know this isn't much help, other than be persistant and keep at it.

Login to Me Too

janilee
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem when trying to send a large amount to my cousin. I did some research and found that the person to whom you are sending money must have a Paypal account, of course. But, they must also be "Verified". In other words, they need to link a bank account to their account so that there will be some place for Paypal to send the money.  My cousin had a Paypal account, but had never requested verification. As soon as I told her about it, she came to the site and made the request. It only took about 24 hours for the necessary verification. Paypal did a $1 test deposit, then retracted it, proving the account was valid. That's all it took.   Unfortunately, there is a longer hold up, now, and it has nothing to do with Paypal. My cousin got a message from her bank that said the Federal Reserve is holding the money for 3-5 days. There was no explanation. We are assuming it is to avoid kiting, or other illegal transfers of over a certain amount of money. Hopefully, the money will be released shortly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.