Problem Sending Payment To Family Member In The US

Dan1218
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Tried sending money to my cousin who's also in the US and this message pops out.  Paypal customer can't even help me with it.  I'm sending money thru my paypal balance.  I'm not using any debit or credit card. Does anyone know what seems to be the problem?  

Paypal.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dan1218

Can't see any reason its not going through then.

Think your best bet is to phone customer services  >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or press 0.

If you could update once sorted it would be helpful, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dan1218

If you are using funds in your paypal account BALANCE as opposed to a bank account or card then the balance has to be in the currency of the receiver.

So if your balance is not in USD it won't be sent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dan1218
Contributor
Contributor

It's the same currency.  US dollars.  That's why I don't know what seems to be the problem.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dan1218

ok thats weird then, is there enough funds in your balance to cover the amount you want to send + the cross border fees?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dan1218
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  Tried sending sending the full amount and leaving $10 on my balance in case of fees.  Both of them same problem.  Plus we both live in California so I really don't see for them to charge me any fees.  I received my payment thru e-check.  Took 3-5 days for the check to clear.  The money is now available and I could transfer it.  So I don't know if it's because of the e-check or not.  I've sent money before to my cousin also using my credit card.  Didn't encounter any problems.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dan1218

Do you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well?

Sorry I read that you were sending it to the US but presumed you meant it was an international sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dan1218
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have a card linked to my account.  It's not actually payment for a sale.  It's payment for an online job I did late last year.  

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dan1218

Can't see any reason its not going through then.

Think your best bet is to phone customer services  >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or press 0.

If you could update once sorted it would be helpful, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dan1218
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah you're right.  There's really no reason for it not to go through.  Might as well call their customer service.  Anyway thanks for the help.  Really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

lcork14
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem - getting the same error screen. 

I've been trying to send funds to a friend for several days.  I spent a good amount of time on the phone with customer service and they were unable to help me and didn't seem to understand what the problem was.

I have both my bank account and a cr card linked to my account.  Problem is, I can't even get to a screen where it asks me what form of payment I want to use.

I feel terrible, as my friend has been awaiting this payment for almost a week now.  Does anyone have any other insight??

TIA

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.