Preferred funding method isn’t available. Please choose different one.

BobA91
New Community Member

This is the message that pops up when I try to pay for goods or services using my PayPal Credit preferred method option. "Sorry, your preferred funding method isn’t available. Please choose different one." I have zero balance on Paypal and PayPal credit, and I have plenty of available credit line to send the amount over. Any reason as to why this method isn't working? New to Paypal, all of my info is updated and correct, account is verified.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are various processes the PayPal and PayPal Credit use to determine if PayPal Credit is an available option. 

You will never know the specific reason for security purposes.

Just because you have a PPC limit does not mean it will be avaial for all purchases.  All you can to is make sure you have a flawless history of PayPal Credit use and that you have no other credit issues.

When you qualify for a specific purchase it will be offered.  That's just the way the sytem.

All you can do is act as the error message instructs:  use a different payment method.

Login to Me Too

lwalczak
New Community Member

So essentially what you are saying is that Paypal decides how we spend the credit line not the consumer? 

I've never used it before, so have no credit issues yet I am unable to use it anywhere. This explanation just doesn't make sense. 

It seems more like a technical bug. 

Login to Me Too

Rballard631
New Community Member
Did you ever get yours to work? How?
Login to Me Too

JobeeM
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone figured this out yet??
Login to Me Too

MLG4035
Contributor
Contributor
No love here, either on this issue. F*ck PayPal: I'm switching to TransferWise!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BobA91 

Did the seller offer paypal credit on their site?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.