Pre Authorization Issue

Rosebud914
Contributor
Contributor
I had placed an order with toys r us for a pick and they did a pre authorization on my account. The item wasn't available and the order was cancelled the same day. The funds were taken out of PayPal and another card I used for partial pay. My issue is that it's now been several days and PayPal is not giving me my money back stating the order is still pending. I have called and spoke to toys r us and they confirmed that the order is in fact cancelled and all funds have been returned. I believe them as another card I used to do partial pay has already been refunded but PayPal is not releasing my funds. I have called PayPal several times and keep getting told that the order is still pending but that a request will be put in for my money to be returned and nothing has been done. I don't know what else to do and I'm just stressing out as this is all my money. How can I get PayPal to release my money? Update: Called again this money and PayPal said the order is still pending and that it can take up to 30 days for me to get my money back (It's a pre authorization by the way which states it should clear between 3-7 days)Asked to speak to a supervisor and was kept on hold for 2 hours and no answer. I couldn't hold any longer as I have to go to work. Can anyone here help me?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Rosebud914
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you PayPal for the worst customer service I have ever experienced. No help by phone, chat or email. You just keep giving me the run around. I won't be using PayPal again. Not that they care anyways!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.