Possible to not use PayPal balance?

galeforcewind
New Community Member

I've got a paypal balance, but would like to keep it in PayPal - not use it for a payment.  Is it possible to just use my linked bank account without using up my PayPal balance first?

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal changed something recently with online payment methods.  You can now select the payment method you want at checkout.  It may not automatically take money from balance if you have one so always check to make sure you're using the method you want during checkout.

Go to Wallet page as well since they updated that page to where you select your preferred method. Click a payment method to be your preferred method, then click star icon to enable that payment method.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Trashbug
Contributor
Contributor

I have changed both default account prefs.  Still takes money from Paypal Balance with no option for other payment.  The problem may be with what I'm paying.  I'm paying postage on items sold through eBay and using the eBay postage interface.  I don't think that should matter but eBay and Paypal go back a long way and who knows what handshake agreements exist.

Login to Me Too

cindysnell
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately, this did not work for me today. I specifically selected a credit card for purchase but it used PP funds first. Hopefully in the future they will provide a "use balance first" option that we can choose to select or not.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.