Possible to not use PayPal balance?

galeforcewind
New Community Member

I've got a paypal balance, but would like to keep it in PayPal - not use it for a payment.  Is it possible to just use my linked bank account without using up my PayPal balance first?

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Funds in your paypal balance are always the default funding source.

That is unless you use pay after delivery but not sure if that is available in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Funds in your paypal balance are always the default funding source.

That is unless you use pay after delivery but not sure if that is available in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bebee
Contributor
Contributor
Why are payments being drawn from my bank causing insufficient funds charges even though I have a large paypal balance?
Login to Me Too

injured_cowboy
Contributor
Contributor

I see that this person's question was answered, and the answer was that a person's PayPal account balance gets used before any other funding source.  I think we should be able to choose whether or not to do it that way, because it messes up some people's ledgers when they are trying to keep a certain budget.  For instance, my credit card statement might say that I made a purchase of $9.50 at Best Buy, when my bill was actually $15, but I had a $5.50 balance on PayPal.  I think a lot of people would like to just leave their PayPal account alone for most transactions but still be able to use the safety of paying with PayPal.  It would make it less confusing to balance your ledger.

Is there a way that we could petition to have this policy changed?

Login to Me Too

WTT
New Community Member

I couldn't agree more. How do you expect us to reconcile a business account. Forcing us to use available funds from Paypal first is impossible to reconcile returns from vendors as well as reconcile purchases.

I should not be penalized because I didn't check my paypal balance when making a purchase.

Login to Me Too

zoet66
New Community Member

I really do not like how my PayPal balance is used first either. I would like the full charges to show up on the statement of my preferred payment method (just taken out of my bank account). 

I think everyone here who has an issue with this should leave feedback for PayPal about this headache. Go to Paypal log in page, scroll all the way down, and click on Feedback.  Then, please ask them to change this!

Login to Me Too

Jamie7
New Community Member

GREETINGS,

I AGREE WHOLE HEARTEDLY THAT THE FUNDS IN THE PAYPAL BALANCE SHOULD BE THE DECISION OF THE CLIENT AS TO WHEN AND WHERE THE FUNDS ARE DISTRIBUTED.

I MYSELF, WOULD LIKE THE FUNDS TRANSFERED TO MY BANK ACCOUNT EACH AND EVERY TIME AND NOT EVER USED FOR PAYMENTS.

I SUPPORT THIS CHANGE AND PERHAPS PAYPAL HAS A SELECTION BOX FOR WHEN IT IS USED AND WHERE TO PUT THE FUNDS.

JAMIE7 🙂

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what some folks do is to send the Paypal balance to your other Paypal account,makeyour payment using non Paypal fund,then log into the other account,and refund the payment.

we are allowed two accounts-personal and business.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

make it friend and family so no Paypal fee.

if you do make it via goods and services,then be sure to refund same day,

Login to Me Too

Trashbug
Contributor
Contributor

I also agree that the decision to use my Paypal balance should be MINE and NOT PAYPAL!  It's interesting to note that you can use a PAYPAL credit card in leu of your PP balance~)

It's all about Paypal's bottom line and shaft the consumer/customer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.