Possible balance error

Yolanda3
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a first time user of PayPal. Transferred $$ from bank to open the Paypal account. Transferred half of those funds BUT NOW HAVE A $0.00 BALANCE SHOWING. 

(1) Is this typical? Why wouldn't a correct balance immediately show on the account

(2) These are real dollars, but the receiving party states that the transfer shows up a "pending". Why?

Thanks,

Yolanda3

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yolanda3

Takes a few days for the funds to transfer to your paypal account balance from your bank account.

BUT you don't need funds in your paypal balance to pay, if you have a linked bank account and a back up card linked paypal will take directly from either of those whichever you choose at checkout.

Paypal then CREDIT the seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer through to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yolanda3

Takes a few days for the funds to transfer to your paypal account balance from your bank account.

BUT you don't need funds in your paypal balance to pay, if you have a linked bank account and a back up card linked paypal will take directly from either of those whichever you choose at checkout.

Paypal then CREDIT the seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer through to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there are faster ways,there are 4 levels,Paypal uses the cheapest way which is free and slow.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.