Personal Payment transfer processed as a merchant or seller

ToeKnee37
New Community Member

So I asked my boyfriend to send me some cash to help with some of my bills.  I assumed this is done by doing it as a request and we went thru the process and now it's being treated as if I am a seller and I have to ship something and there's a 21 day hold on the funds needed to pay bills with.  How do I reverse this transaction.  Why isn't it more clear that requesting money automatically makes you a seller.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You should have the option to cancel the transaction from your end and refund the money.  

Did you send an actual request to your boy friend for the money or did he just use the send money feature on his own ??  If someone is using the Send Money feature - they have to "choose" either "Friends and Family" or "Goods and Services".   There is a fee to the receiver for "Goods and Services" however, if the sender selects "Friends and Family" and uses funds from either their PayPal Account or their Bank Account, there's no fees.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.