Person disputed transaction, but won't return puppy!!

Jrrmks
Contributor
Contributor

I have a person that paid for one of my puppies VIA Paypal. I NEVER normally allow this as there are too many scammers. But I was assured that I would be protected under paypal. Almost 2 months after she received the puppy (I put the tracking VIA United Airlines) she started a dispute stating she wants the puppies name changed. I will not remove my kennel name from the AKC papers and requested she return the puppy and she will get a full refund. She refused to return the puppy but there is still an open case with paypal. I escalated the claim, but they are keeping $1600 and I do not have my puppy returned. How do I get my puppy back!! If she has the money she has no right to my puppy. She is not even disputing the fact that she does not have the puppy she is disputing the name of the puppy... 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jrrmks

So you want to drag a poor puppy away from the home where she has settled because of an argument over a silly name?

Seems you are more concerned over your money or name that you are about the puppies welfare.

Even selling a puppy using paypal where you can't check the home conditions is pretty appalling in my opinion.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jrrmks
Contributor
Contributor

So you think this person should be allowed to keep $1600 AND the puppy I Paid to ship there??? So basically I lose $1600 because they did not like the puppy's name 2 months later? You realize they are in posestion of stollen goods at this point right? They have my puppy and they have my money..  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jrrmks

If the argument is over the name then i would let them change the flippin name.

A puppy is not a comodity to be passed back and forth dependent on who wins a dispute for goodness sake.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jrrmks
Contributor
Contributor

The papers were already sent in 2 months ago when they got the puppy!! How am I suppsed to change the name.  I never said it was a comodity... they are the ones who decided to reverse the funds and stated it was because of the name because I had already proved they actually received the puppy. How does someone decide this 2 months later? Does it not seem like a scam? I just want my puppy safe and anyone who thinks its ethic or ok to reverse funds on something they already have is not an ethical person... I think this person is just trying to get money... I dont care if they have their money back I want to make sure my puppy is SAFE!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.