Pending

mprisz
New Community Member

So I bought something on the 16th and the 19th.  One was a small amount, under 10 bucks and the other was about $200 both say

"This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when (name here) completes your order."

What does that mean?  I have money in the bank and just spent money today and yesterday that went through fine. I don't understand.  Can someone help me please.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi mprisz,

Welcome to the Community!

Some merchants use an authorization or Order process, where they lodge an authorization for your purchase prior to completing the payment.  This allows them to ensure they have the item in stock and are shipping the item out before permanently debiting you.  It's ok - if anything, it works out better for you as a customer, since they'll let you know if it's out of stock before charging you!

Thanks,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Nicholas_18
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered Fifa 17 and i had it say the same thing .This is a temporary authorisation to make sure your funding source will cover the payment. Your funding source will be charged when SimplyGames completes your order.does this mean its holding the payment back until the game is out because it says payment declined on the status on my simply games account please help
Login to Me Too

Karop
New Community Member

Hello, 

so that means those money are reserved " on te side " taken on the side already, and if merchant can proceed the money will be deducted from that " reserved " side ? 

thank you

Login to Me Too

SANTORINI-J
Contributor
Contributor
thanks for your answer. but can you tell me how much time they have to accept or decline the transaction ?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Some merchants use the Authorization and Capture method to process orders.  This offers them the flexibility to claim funds at a later time, like when an item is ready to ship.

When I use my card at a grocers, they take a few days to claim the payment.  Authorizations expire after 30 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MarshalBanana
Contributor
Contributor

In regards to holding the money, I pre-ordered something yesterday using PayPal, it was £89.99, and currently my bank says that it is authorised, and has subtracted it from money available. Does this mean that it will stay like that with that amount of money being unavailable until it is removed next month? or will that sum of money be available to use in a few days time? because I'm a bit low on funds at the moment. I will have the money and more by then, because this will be after my next 2 pay days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.