Pending refund

Nicolegsw19
Contributor
Contributor

I paid someone through friends and family. I was buying yeezy. I sent the money to the correct email and everything but the seller did not receive the money. It was pending so they refunded me back. I never received a refund and it's been more than 21 days. I know I'm not protected paying through gift but I don't have the money and the seller doesn't either so PayPal is just holding. I can't file a dispute because they closed the case. Did I get scammed?

i also have a picture of the seller refunded that payment but I can't attach it cause PayPal will take it down

please help I just lost $480

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If you sent a payment that was refunded you would see the refund in the original transaction details (as well as a new refund transaction) inside your PayPal account. If all you have to prove it was refunded is a picture from the person you sent the money to, then yeah, it sounds like you got scammed. 😞

Never rely on screenshots from people. Always check your PayPal account for the status of payments, refunds, etc. If it's not showing up there then it didn't happen.

Also, you should never use friends and family when paying somebody for goods or services. This is against PayPal policy, for one, and it's also a red flag that the person may be trying to scam you because they know that PayPal doesn't offer buyer protection on those types of payments.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The recipient of a friends/family payment CANNOT do a refund; that capability does not exist with PayPal.

What was the case that was closed?

What are the details of the transaction in your PayPal account?

Pictures from the other party are meaningless.

So, what really happened?  You details don't make sense.

Login to Me Too

Nicolegsw19
Contributor
Contributor

I sent it to them through gift but it was pending so they never received the money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.