Pending payments for a refund

demolition
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I ordered some items from a website a few weeks ago and it turns out they were not in stock. They have sent a refund in three parts, 2 seperate paynents for the two items and 1 for the p&p. The p&p is available but the other two payments are pending. Why has one payment of the three been accepted but not the other two, and how can I release these?

Thank you in advance,

demolition. x

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@demolition

Firstly a seller can ONLY use the refund option for the original payment sent to them and NOT return postage costs.

However >>

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.
So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

So they refunded x2 payments which are waiting to clear BUT they "sent" you another payment which they are allowed to fund via a debit /credit card as well as bank transfer etc and so that one went through instantly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@demolition

Firstly a seller can ONLY use the refund option for the original payment sent to them and NOT return postage costs.

However >>

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.
So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

So they refunded x2 payments which are waiting to clear BUT they "sent" you another payment which they are allowed to fund via a debit /credit card as well as bank transfer etc and so that one went through instantly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

demolition
Contributor
Contributor

Ahhhh, I get it now. I wondered why the p&p had cleared but the other payments hadn't. Thanks for that. I finally managed to speak to a person and the other funds should be released on Monday. All sorted! Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.