Pending Charge

RyanMarie24
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I had purchased seat covers for my Jeep. The initial charge of $613 shows as pending. I used my Paypal Extras MasterCard. The seat cover place called me a few days after I placed my order stating it'll be more money BC my seats are different. Ok fine. So now there is a completed charge for $639. So now the $613 is affecting my avail funds. How long til that pending charge drops off?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RyanMarie24

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. However the money would be pending in your funding source ie bank account / card, so if you contact them and state the funds will not be required they should be able to release them back to your available balance again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.