Paypal stole my money

matahum
Contributor
Contributor

As I went through a bit of this forum earlier, and noticed in the archives that Paypal has **bleep** over many people this way...

I had $40.01 USD in my account Sept 1st.

I exchanged that amount to CDN funds which the exchange gave me $48.10 CDN the same day.

I then transferred that amount ($48.10) into my bank account, but because I'm Canadian, the transfer takes a few days and actually took place Sept 4th.

My bank account showed a successful transfer from Paypal of $48.10 CDN on Sept 5th when I checked it. Meaning, the money was actually in my account and not on hold, showing as a deposit from Paypal.

Everything was fine. Three whole weeks (21 days) go by.

Sept 25th Paypal creates a negative balance of $48.10 CDN on my account.
I don't check my Paypal that often, so did not notice it until Oct 4th.

I sent an email complaining about this incorrect negative balance on Oct 4th.

I got a reply telling me to call a specific department and listed the phone number in the reply.

I called today (Oct 7th) and got a gentleman who told me that I double-debited Paypal, which is an out and out lie.

I advised him that that was **bleep** and told him I had the bank statement to prove that I only received the money once on Sept 5th and that they would need to change the balance on my Paypal to $0.00 to reflect their mistake. 

He gave me a fax number to fax the statement over which I did. I sent two different pages showing the date range Sept 1 to Sept 30 deposits and then another page showing Aug 25 through Sept 30 deposits to prove that there were no additional deposits from Paypal to my bank account in that amount at any time except on Sept 4th which arrived in my account on Sept 5th.

Paypal has stolen almost $50 of my money and is claiming that I owe them.

I have not had a reply either by message centre or by phone call regarding their mistake since I faxed off the bank statements proving they are wrong.

Paypal should be reminded it is illegal to steal money from clients that use their services and should be changing my balance back to $0.00 in a TIMELY manner instead of scr*wing around and making people wait after stealing their money.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.