Paypal prepaid debit card with Android Pay

chase1
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone used there Paypal prepaid debit card with Android Pay? Does it work? My bank doesn't support Android Pay so I was thinking about getting the Paypal card specifically for Android Pay.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chase1 wrote:

Has anyone used there Paypal prepaid debit card with Android Pay? Does it work? My bank doesn't support Android Pay so I was thinking about getting the Paypal card specifically for Android Pay.

The PayPal Prepaid MasterCard is issued by The Bancorp Bank and it is not listed as one of Android Pay's participating banks, therefore, I doubt it will work for the time being.  But they say check back soon to see if the bank gets added.

https://www.android.com/pay/supported-networks/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

chase1
Contributor
Contributor

Also I apologize in advanced if this isn't the correct catagory, I wan't quite sure where to put it.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chase1 wrote:

The PayPal Prepaid MasterCard is issued by The Bancorp Bank and it is not listed as one of Android Pay's participating banks, therefore, I doubt it will work for the time being.  But they say check back soon to see if the bank gets added.

https://www.android.com/pay/supported-networks/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Laura0216
New Community Member

I do not know if this goes here but does anyone know how to get a a credit card through PayPal. My husband had one a while back but I don't know how he got one.

Login to Me Too

CleverK
New Community Member

Just tried a few minutes ago, and it doesn't work. I was doing a quick Google to see if there was already discusson on when/if it would ever be supported. A shame since I just bought an LG G3 specifically for NFC purposes, in particular Android Pay. It takes my WF card, which is my primary, but being a freelancer I use my Paypal Debit card a lot too, and would prefer to have it on there. 

Login to Me Too

mboydphotos
New Community Member

@chase1 wrote:

If I may add my two cents. There is a workaround for the moment while we wait for them to add the bank. You can still add your PayPal Account to Android Pay. I found this link when looking to add the debit card. I hope this helps!

https://www.androidcentral.com/android-pay-now-lets-you-pay-paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.