Paypal payment within south africa

mufunwa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, how much will paypal charge for a paypal payment between users in the same  country (non US)  e.g paypal payment from one south african user to another. How much will paypal charge if one is selling goods to users in the same country.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

international payment to you means payment outside S Africa.

If I buy from you and you ask for South AFRICAN rAND,then I will pay Paypal 3% to convert my currency into SA rand.

But you will pay a higher rate to receive my payment since I probably will be using a foreign bank issued credit card,it is called cross border transaction and the fee is 30 cents plus 4.4 % instead of 2.9% for domestic .

This is an USA forum,we are not familair with SA.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mufunwa

Legal bottom of this page > user agreement > fees.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mufunwa
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

thanks, can you please help me understand what exactly they mean by international payments. In my understanding it will be a payment to another country. Or does it refer also to any payment made outside the US. i'm trying to understand a case where a south african is sending money to a south african, will the international fee apply or will it be treated as a local payment since both users are in the same country and won't require any currency conversion.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

international payment to you means payment outside S Africa.

If I buy from you and you ask for South AFRICAN rAND,then I will pay Paypal 3% to convert my currency into SA rand.

But you will pay a higher rate to receive my payment since I probably will be using a foreign bank issued credit card,it is called cross border transaction and the fee is 30 cents plus 4.4 % instead of 2.9% for domestic .

This is an USA forum,we are not familair with SA.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.