Paypal not showing record of my payment

fayewray71
Contributor
Contributor

I made a payment to bigbigmarket.com on July 29, and I got an email from paypal saying:  We've finished reviewing of the transaction below, determined the payment was authorized, and advised the seller to ship.

There might be a slight delay in your shipment due to the review time.  I got a transaction ID, but when I sign into Paypal, there is no record of my payment.  I have not received my item, and when I go to bigbigmarket.com and ask for status, I get the message:  awaiting fulfillment.  The telephone number on their website is wrong, and I cannot get in touch with them or Paypal.  Can anyone offer any advice?  Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Check the real email address of the message sender.  Are you absolutely sure is was from PayPal?

Login to Me Too

fayewray71
Contributor
Contributor

It was from <removed>, it seems to be from paypal - i just went to the website to start an order, and it connected me to paypal

Login to Me Too

MbemAnn
Contributor
Contributor
Did the order and payment end up going through fine? I was going to order from this site but I'm nervous about it being a scam. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

fayewray71
Contributor
Contributor
I would not recommend ordering through bigbigmarket. They never sent my item, but thankfully PayPal has really done right by me and is guaranteeing a refund. Turns out I had logged as a guest for this transaction and that's why I couldn't find record of it on my account. Regarding bigbigmarket.com, their posted phone number is wrong and if you Google map the address it appears to be a house that is not in good repair
Login to Me Too

Amixo
Contributor
Contributor
Hey I also ordered from bigbigmarket and sent them an email when I placed my order, without hearing back. Thankfully I am seeing their transaction on my PayPal. I'm thinking this website might be a scam. Did you end up hearing back from them? Was PayPal able to find the transaction? Did you file for a refund?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.