Paypal.me - setting Minimum transacations possible?? Minimum Fee Settings?

themtnsvoice
New Community Member

I just set up my paypal.me section.

So now I have this <paypal.me/myaccountname> page.

I went to test it from my wife's account to see how micro transactions worked in regards to fees.  So I had her go to the link and send me $0.10 cents, which I knew was under the 2.9% / $0.30 minimum.  My concern was that someone could spam my account with bunches and bunches of $0.01 donations, and I would end up losing a fortune on fees.

Anyway, her $0.10 transaction went through flawlsessly and instantly.  It charged me exactly $0.10 in fees, the result being that she sent $0.10, paypal collected 100% of the $0.10, and I got nothing.  I don't mind getting nothing, but it seems stupid to allow microtransactions that end up as just basic gifts of free money to Paypal.

MY QUESTION IS.... is there a way to alert people on your paypal.me page of a transaction minimum, or is there a way to set a transaction minimum.

ALSO... I haven't bothered to try it yet, but is there any transaction size, say 1 cent, in which fees would outweigh the amount of transaction,a nd you could actually start losing money via fees?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peace,

- d

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately is there are no options to alert people on your PayPal.ME page of a transaction minimum or a way to set a transaction minimum using PayPal.ME.

As for fees on small dollar amount purchases, you may want to check out Micropayments.  Look for the info/details on this page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.