Paypal is holding money hostage

Grisham
Contributor
Contributor

I used Paypal and when I looked at my CC statement, I did not immediately recognize them, so I started a chargeback through the CC.  It turns out that they were good charges, so I cancelled my dispute on both ends and was expecting the merchant to be paid.  A month later, this is still not resolved.  Even though I can provide multiple forms of proof that my CC cancelled the dispute, Paypal refuses to release the money until they hear from my CC.  However, PayPal already sent them a communcation saying that the dispute was dropped from PayPal's end, so my CC, along with my request for them to drop it, is viewing this as revolved.  My statement has closed, Paypal has been paid, but refuses to release the money to the merchant saying that the CC needs to send them communcation, which they told me they won't because they already see it closed.  Essentially, Paypal is holding funds hostage and earning float and they have no plans to be reasonable and work with me.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.