Paypal is a theft enabler.

ster508
New Community Member

Here is a good one. A seller pretending to be an American ships me a a bar of brass that he sells as a pure gold bar at spot price. When I get it and verify that it is brass and worthless Paypal tells me to ship it back to the jerk in CANADA. Now the only way to ship anything to Canada that has to get signed for is by registerd mail. Expensive but I do it and in a while the package gets delivered and .... PAYPAL closes the case because they cant see the signature on line and tells me I should have the post office change thier website so that they dont have to work too hard.

Bottom line, jerk Canadian sells the fake bar AGAIN within minutes of recieivi g it. Paypal gets their 3% twice and I get to sit here typing this. Paypal should be boarded up along with EBay and anyone else who gets a cut from crime.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah, point taken but I wouldn't be trying to buy gold bullion or jewelry online.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ster508
New Community Member

But there is always the Paypal satisfaction guarentee ... lol ... And the credit card chargeback thank god.

Login to Me Too

ster508
New Community Member

@sharpiemarker wrote:

Yeah, point taken but I wouldn't be trying to buy gold bullion or jewelry online.

But there is always the Paypal satisfaction guarentee ... lol ... And the credit card chargeback thank god.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Happy  

Nah, no thanks. lol Smiley Wink

What guarantee? Hehehe, there is none.  PayPal never claimed the purchase protection or seller protection for that matter, was 100%.  It's a jungle on the Internet.  You do not know whose on the other end of the transaction.  If the other party wants to d**k you, they can and will.  Scared straight with all the horror cases the come through here. Smiley Very Happy  

Yeah, if you funded the purchase with credit card,  go for the chargeback.

All the best...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

victimppme
New Community Member

the worst...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.