Paypal holding funds with no reason

1stdigla
Contributor
Contributor

My item was purshased on ebay. PP put hold on the money including shippoing cost , claiming ebay gave the the note to do so.

I called PP and ebay  several times we had confrence call, ebay responded that there was never any notes ,hold, or any problem or issue with my account im selling through ebay and using PP since 2009. In the last phone call i recordet the conversation and let them know that im recording them. PP insist that ebay put the note to hold the money, it was 45m phone call PP manager was lying and trying to convince ebay manager that ebay ask to hold the money, Ebay didnt agree with and ask them to release the funds imidiatle .Both reperesentetives Ebay and PP were managers (not a common customer service people). PP manager told me to ship the item on my own expence while PP hold the money for the item plus $335 shipping . PP collected the Fees.  

I gave the recordet conversation to my attorney. Looks like its a huge scam by PP. The Hold ammount is $1888.95.

F#$%  the money,I told my attorney to to get the best ones on board with him and cancel there licence. Lets see how much this will cost them.  

last call was on the 10.19.16   at 6:30 pm   PP manager name  Josh.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1stdigla

Other sellers LIKE OURSELVES went through the hold and as its for buyer protection we did not mind.

Also you AGREED to it when you opened up your paypal account and ticked to agree to the user agreement.

So you can either put up with it or close your account.

Oh and as for telling me to go home............that is where i am already   Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

msyd

Same here, item sold > recieved > happy buyer. Funds still held, today is the release date 24th August 2017 and i saw no release, when i called them they actually removed the release date to an undefined one and demanded proof that it was the 24th listed as a payment date in the first place! Scoundrels

Login to Me Too

msyd

Same here, item sold > recieved > happy buyer. Funds still held, today is the release date 24th August 2017 and i saw no release, when i called them they actually removed the release date to an undefined one and demanded proof that it was the 24th listed as a payment date in the first place!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Didn't say you did something wrong.  PayPal has sophisticated risk manager/security algorithms to monitor transactions. Sometimes patterns of activity or certain types of transactions trigger a hold. It doesn't necessarily reflect on you.  It's like going through customs while traveling.  You don't do anything wrong but you could get pulled aside and get asked a couple of questions and your luggage searched and then released.

Just ship the item out with tracking, provide that info to PayPal transaction details page and when PayPal can confirm delivery, your payment either gets released 3 days or 7 days, up to 21 days before it gets released depending on how high risk the item is.  They want to ensure funds are there in case of disputes and chargebacks.

Read this for mo info: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/topic/FUNDS_AVAILABILITY_HC

If your business can not survive hold regimen, it's not much of a one.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

1stdigla
Contributor
Contributor

Bad example. Try harder.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Bye Felicia.  PayPal holds your funds like everyone else.  You are no different.  Get over it.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Better ship out the goods before customer gets impatient and really files a dispute on you instead of trying to figure out why your funds are on hold and be all righteous indignation about it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1stdigla

Suggest you try harder, your poor buyer, what a bad example as a seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

1stdigla
Contributor
Contributor

Wow you till there, nice.

$1800 + held by PP with no reason.  Now you trying to make me BAD. Nice try.

I have 100% positive fedback On ebay since 2009.

What do you have? a  laptop to manupelate here on the forum and you call yourself ADVISER .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1stdigla

Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.