Paypal fraud with a secondary email account of mine, customer service couldn't help.

radices-mxo
New Community Member

I have a paypal account on this email address "A". On another address "B", someone managed to open an account and set up a phone and a credit card, then make a purchase. I contacted customer service, gave them the email, transation ID and amount, and offered to prove control of account B. All I got was the runaround, and the vary helpful response "We don't see that transaction on account A, so you're ok"

I'm surprised someone is able to do this without confirming the email address. (I'm quite sure it's secure, long random unique PW with 2FA). I attmpted to gain control of the account to close it, but I don't have control of the phone or credit card # Paypal is asking for them as a second factor (rightly so, since they never verified the email)

I'm posting here lookin for advice, or hoping to catch the attention of someone over level 1 tech support.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.